The Swiss are really talented people as it pertains to exact sciences, which is why they have a very attractive word for industrial scales, and that is Industriewaage. But what are these machineries and what service are they best at? With the composition of the words, you can say that they are scales, used to weight heavy loads, namely industrial ones. There are different kinds of such scales additionally they each have their own functionality, or usage.
In the heavy industry and for companies addressing the transport and delivery of heavy materials or products there are two main varieties of scales, namely weighbridges, or brückenwaagen and platform scales, or plattformwaagen. Though there couple of slight differences, they are used for the same function: to weight, to calculate and to offer accurate information on a load.
1. Accurate load weighing - There are strict rules and laws to the amount of load cars, trucks and vans are allowed to carry. In order to avoid overloading and the additional fees that come with it, it is always best to first weight the cargo before allowing it to hit the roads.
2. Keep track of merchandise - If, for example, you need to transport 10 tons of material from one point to another and you need several automobiles to achieve that it's important to know precisely how much material each car is loaded with. In connection with this a plattformwaagen is a must, as it helps you find out the mass of a truck both loaded and empty.
3. Calculate customs fees - Certain countries have customs fees for trucks which pass the borders with merchandise on board. Manufacturers have to pay for that weight, so drivers will need to know exactly how much money they will be asked for.
4. Cargo’s price-track - If you set your goods’ prices based on their weight (per kg/ton/etc), an industrial scale, or Industriewaage will show you exactly how much money you load in a truck. Thus, you can keep track of both your cargo and its value.
5. Keep up with technology - Although testing and certification makes it very difficult for scales to attain the market, technology has brought lots of advantages to this field. Profit of every touch screen and electronic calculi!
Although a weighbridge or brückenwaagen might be too much for a small company, each business dealing with product delivery or from the transport industry need to have its own weighing methods. An industrial scale, or Industriewaage is always a smart purchase for such companies and the advantages it brings are numerous.