Process Analysis. Process analysis is…. A way to explain complex ideas and abstract concepts Useful for giving readers instructions. Process explanations…. Are organized in chronological order Explain how something is done or how it happens Useful to explain things like
1. Choose a topic that includes 3-5 concrete steps
2. In your intro paragraph, explain your process.
3. Make sure your thesis statement includes purpose.
4. Transition from one paragraph to the next.
5. Include a topic sentence at the start of each body paragraph.
6. Make sure steps are well defined and organized.
8. Use vivid descriptive words and sensory details.