Puncutation. Dr Rose Lucas. Puncutation. Punctuation is about 2 key things:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr Rose Lucas
The comma does several important jobs in writing a sentence:
The colon is only ever used in specific circumstances:
Wordsworth nature imagery suggests…
Eg.: ‘the dog’s bowl,’ ‘the student’s mark’
Eg: ‘1 dog’s bowls,’ ‘the student’s overall marks’
Eg: ‘2 dogs’ bowls,’ ‘every students’ marks’
4. Write an (always provisional) Essay Plan in a first attempt to sort out Response to Topic/Using Poetry/Using Secondary Sources.
5. Don’t forget that every essay needs: Introduction, Main Points, Conclusion, Bibliography.
6. Launch into first draft.
7. Give it a few days ‘off’ so you can return to the draft with fresh perspective. Read as a critical editor.
8. Revision for Ideas (this might be a whole new draft or just refinements – listen to your work carefully).
9. Proofreading for Clarity.
10. Complete your Bibliography and attend to Professional Presentation.