PAPER WRITING SKILLS. CONTENTS. Selecting your topic Reviewing existing Literature Areas to be addressed by the Paper Writing tips Footnoting and referencing. Selecting your topic. The first step is choosing your topic.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. Read up on your selected topic to find out what previous studies have been conducted on it and identify possible gaps.
4. Discuss your topic of interest with your fellow colleagues or members of Trapca so as to pick their brains on the matter.
5. Do not select a topic that is too challenging. Keep it simple and focused.
6. Be flexible enough to revise/ change your ideas. Research is about reviewing, writing and re- writing.
of what to write about, one must first
read, read and read some more.
develop a good understanding of the
issues and debates.
reading materials on your chosen area of interest.
3. What is the issue/problem you are tackling?
4. Purpose of the research
5. Hypotheses/ Research Questions.
5. Your work should follow some form of order.
6. When writing a direct quote from a source, be sure to put in in quotation marks, and indicate the source.
7. Focus consistently on your topic. All issues discussed in your report should relate to your research topic.
8. Aim for a balanced approach in the treatment of your topic. Look at all major perspectives and at both sides of an argument.
Ensure that :
Book by Single Author
Book by two or more Authors
www.users.cs/umn.edu/-sinabulya/ (Accessed 09/01/04).
A Government Document