novo. Health Care Data Standards. s tandards are critical components in the development and implementation of an electronic health record. (EHR).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- address, primarily, the format of messages that are exchanged between computer systems, document architecture, clinical templates, user interface and patient data linkage
4 broad classes:
Medical device communication
Digital imaging communication
Administrative data exchange
Clinical data exchange
- advisory committee established to make recommendation on health information policy to the (HHS)- “study the issues related to the adoption of uniform data standards for patient medical record information and the electronic exchange of such information”
P1073 Medical Information Bus (MIB)
- support continuous and comprehensive capture and communication of data from bedside medical devices
-to facilitate electronic business transaction
National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP)
- Develop for standards for information processing for the pharmacy services sector of the health care industry
- is a listing of descriptive terms and codes for reporting medical services and proceduresLOINC (logical observation identifiers names and codes)-provides a set of universal names and numeric identifier code for laboratory and clinical observations and measurements in a database structure.
- a clinical drug nomenclature produced by NLM
-provides standard names for clinical drugs (active ingredients+ strength + dose form)