GeoBrain. A Presentation to the SEEDS Technology Infusion Working Group of the NASA funded project:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A Presentation to the SEEDS Technology Infusion Working Group of the NASA funded project:
NASA EOS Higher-Education Alliance: Mobilization of NASA EOS Data and Information Through Web Services and Knowledge Management Technologies for Higher-Education Teaching and Research (PI: Liping Di)
Mar 25, 2004
(From the capability vision workshop summary)
– “ Advanced information systems to enable the processing, communicating, and archiving of vast amounts of data generated by the envisioned networks of sensorcrafts, and to deliver on-demand and affordably Earth system information products to customers located anywhere and at anytime.”
– Near-real-time, transparent, seamless, and automatic...
– data fusion, data analysis, and knowledge discovery...
– from petabytes of data acquired from multiple sources...
– to enable and accelerate progress toward ESE goals for scientific research, applications, and education.
Landslide risk modeling:
- Business/Industrial/etc infrastructures
- Lakes/Reservoirs/river networks
Characteristics of the study:
Intermediate geo-objectGeo-object, Geo-tree, Virtual Dataset, Geospatial Models
Automated data transformation service(WCS/WFS)
Geospatial web/grid services
Community-defined formats, UI, data representation, etc
Interactive geospatial model
Multi-source data manipulation
Other standard- compliant thin/Thick Geosptial clients
Peer-review & collaboration interface
GeoBrain Client Tier (MPGC)
Common Geospatial Web Service Environment/Internet
WFS,WCS,WMS,WRS+OGC&W3C service protocols
Virtual data type/workflow manager
Interactive model/workflow editor server
Peer-review and collaborative
Model/workflow execution manager
Product and service publishing interface
Other standard-compliant Value-added Service Provider
Service module develop. env.
Geospatial service modules
Temporal storage and execution space
GeoBrain Middleware Service Tier
Interoperable Common Data Environment/Internet
OGC web data access protocols
NWGISS OGC Servers
Data Pool Grid
data in private or
NASA ECS Data Pools
Other data providers
(e.g., ESIPs, geospatial one-stops, PIs)
GeoBrain Data Server Tier