Chapter 17 Section 2 Weather Patterns. 1. Why does weather constantly change?. - because of movement of air and moisture in the atmosphere. a large body of air that has properties similar to the part of Earth’s atmosphere over which it develops example: over land = dry
- because of movement of air and moisture in the atmosphere
2. air mass
3. What air masses affect the U.S.?
- from high pressure to low pressure
- Used to measure air pressure
8. Weather caused by pressure
- a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
2. weather at frontal boundaries
- cloudiness, precipitation, and storms
4. cold front
6. occluded front.