SHIPBUILDING PERSPECTIVE. BULGARIAN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPREPAIR. BULGARIAN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPREPAIR.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
BULGARIAN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPREPAIR
“Bulgarian National Association of Shipbuilding and Shiprepair” (BULNAS) was established at 28 April 2009 as a voluntary non - profit association in private support created in aims to support, encouragement, representation and protection of the interests of it’s members.
At the present moment the members of BULNAS are 29, including all shipbuilding and ship repair yards in the country, companies involved in shipbuilding and shipreparing related activities, designers, classification and scientific organizations, universities. The total number of the directly employed workers and employees of the BULNAS members are 5 300 people, and indirect employment to which members of BULNAS provide job – another 5 000 people.
On 28th of May 2009 “Bulgarian National Association of Shipbuilding and Shiprepair” become a member of CESA - “Community of European Shipyards’ Associations”, currently representing 99% of the EU shipbuilding production and more than 80% of the production of geographical Europe.
Considering the LeaderSHIP 2015 initiative and 11 September 2009 Bremerhaven High level meeting, and its conclusions, BULNAS has supported two regional initiatives :
1. Creation of National fund for financing of the shipbuilding, for access to financing for feasible project. The initiative is a joint action between BULNAS and BSA (Bulgarian Ship - owners Association).
2. Cooperation between Bulgaria and Russia for participation in Russian Shipbuilding program, supported by Mr. Putin for construciton of 1 400 ships until 2020.
Short presentation of our members:
Company product portfolio comprises:
- tankers and product carriers;
- bulk carriers (6 000 - 42 600 DWT);
- container carriers;
- multipurpose/general cargo vessels (5 000 - 17 000 DWT).
Lmax = 185 m Bmax = 26 m
Draught = 5.5 m Docking weight = 6 500 mt
- shiprepair for vessels up to 60 000 DWT;
- specialized new vessels up to 16 000 DWT.
Since 2007 the companycreated a designers unit and the qualified and experienced staff specialized software Tribon.
- tankers (5 870 DWT);
- bulk carriers (5 000 DWT);
- container carriers;
- general cargo vessels;
- barges, tug-push vessel est.
company has offices in Varna and in Bourgas. Bulmar team of specialists provides 24 hours ship repair service. In accordance with this the company is able tohelp any time on any place during the ship’s visit in Bulgaria as well as abroad.
Bulmar Consult Ltd was granted with official rights of sole agent of “JOTUN ”-NORWAY
for Bulgaria. The Company has official rights for an agent of “MARINE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX” – Sevastopol, Ukraine. The company is sole representative of numerous well known producers of marine equipmentand consumables as “CHOCKFAST” - ITW Philadelphia Resins foundation systems, vibrationdamping, permanent alignment, chocking of marine and industrial machinery.
of marine and industrial machine-building. Theproduction range includes steam and water boilers, heat exchangers, tanks, pressure vessels, filters, metal constructions and others.The manufacturing process is based either on customer’sand others. KMM JSC isapproved by Lloyd’s Register, German Lloyd and BKR for welding and production of marine equipment and pressure vessels class 1 and additionally most of the products pass approval by Bureau Veritas, DNV, NK depending on the request of the customers. On the territory of the company is situated laboratory for X-ray and ultrasonic control of welds.
The three main activities in the company are:
- manufacture of various ship equipment: hatch covers
of various types; stern and side ramps, deck
machinery, doors and windows, masts, etc.;
- shipbuilding: vessels up to 3 000 DWT vessels;
- building of floating facilities on ferroconcrete hulls.
activities as a subcontractor to respectable shipbuilding
yards. It has about 250 workers of the basic professions (hull workers, welders, pipers, mechanics, electricians, painters) organized in teams according to the needs of the yard. The teams perform the jobs assigned themselves under the guidance of skillful foremen and engineers that are a part of the team.
joint venture with Rousse Shipyard JSC registered under the name of Rousse Shipyard Repair Ltd.
equipment – main and emergency switchboards, starters,
navigation desks and panels for control and signaling,
etc. Supply of full el. equipment sets for newbuild ships.
The company activities have been authorized by different Classification organizationsas per which the
company is authorized to perform: repair of cargo jibs, cranes and separate details; repair of lifeboat gears, life-saving appliances, deck and anchor gears and ship electrical equipment; repair and testing of the followingitems: cargo derrick booms, cranes and their components; lifeboats and their launching appliances; mooring machinery est.
support, encouragement, representation and protection of the interests of it’s members – companies who’s construct, build and repair small graft ships, boats, youths est.
- detail design of all kind of ships – Hull, Piping, Machinery, HVAC, Electrical, Steel Outfit, Nesting and Cutting files for steel plate parts, Ship surface fairing and etc.;
- class design – Main Hull and Class foundation drawings, Piping, Machinery and HVAC class design and etc.;
The main advantage of Wartsila IHB Ship Design Bulgaria is high motivated, ambitious and
skillful team with good experience got in Bulgarian and foreign companies in design of conventional, offshore and floating vessels. The main activity of the company is in preparing of Detail design and supervision. Wartsila IHB Ship Design Bulgaria offer high quality documentation prepared as per yard requirements using different CAD/CAM software – AutoCAD, Tribon and Nupas different FEA softwares and other.
- departments: ship hydrodynamics; ship dynamics and ocean engineering; aerodynamics; marine
information technologies and computer simulations; coastal hydraulics and environment protection;
- division: experimental technique and technologies; sector "CAD“; sector "Experimental production“; sector "Measuring and computational technique“;
- laboratories:laboratory "Tanks“; deep water towing tank; shallow water towing tank; maneuvering and seakeeping basin; cavitation laboratory; aerodynamic laboratory; coastal hydraulics basins laboratory.
Keppel FELS Baltech main activities include:
- Basic design and detailed engineering of offshore drilling rigs and offshore production units, merchant ships, heavy lift floating cranes, tugs and specialized vessels;
- 3D Models in CAD/CAM/CAE systems;
- Development of comprehensive production information;
- Engineering and analysis related to deepwater drilling technology;
- Technical consultancy.
- development preliminary project investigations, studiesand analyses;
- development of concept, technical, detailed and production designs of different ships and floating equipment.
FORAN CAD/CAM/CAE System for Bulgaria.
Marine Designoffering following scope ofservices:
- Basic Design: scantling, power calculations, piping & HVAC calculations; class drawings & general arangements; noise and vibration analysis;
- Detail Design: modeling of: Hull structure, Outfitting&HVAC; Structural outfitting;
- Production information & workshop drawings: assembly drawings, BOM;
- Other Services: mechanical design; interior design; visualizations.
of the National Assembly in order to ensure the training of engineering staff in the field of shipbuilding, transportation, mechanical engineering, electrical energetics and communication technics necessary for developing industrial complexes in northeastern Bulgaria in the field of chemistry, shipbuilding and ship repairing, engine building, transportation, electric energetics, electronics and communications.At present structure of Technical University-Varna includes 6 faculty, 2 college: faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Technologies; faculty of Shipbuilding; faculty of Electrical
Engineering; faculty of Electronics; faculty of Computing and Automation; faculty of Marine Sciences and Ecology; college at the Technical University of Varna; dobrudja College of Technology (and Agriculture).
The renovation and the application of new production technologies, specialized software and the European standards helped ours members to impose their positions on the local, as well as the international market. We can consider that the Bulgarian shipbuilding and shiprepair industry has resources and capacity to work in many directions and can be briefly formed the next product portfolio:
- shipbuilding and shiprepairing yards, members of BULNAS, have the capacityto design, construct and repair of ships up to 100 000DWT;
-members of Association have proven experience not only in design, construction and repairing of tankers, bulk carriers, product carriers; container carriers, multipurpose/general cargo vessels, but also of patrol ships, tugs, fishing vessels, river vessels, ships sailing mixed, self and non-self-propelled barges, passenger ships, yachts, floating facilities on ferroconcrete hulls etc. ;
- manufacturers of ship equipment and companies involved in shipbuilding and shipreparing related activities, members of BULNAS, have proven experience in the field of marine and industrial machine - building; complete design, manufacture, supply and installation of full el. equipment: main and emergency switchboards, navigation desks and panels for control and signaling, starters, radio navigation and automation; production of electric motors, machinery; design, manufacture, supply and service of hatch covers (folding, pontoon, sliding, etc.); design, manufacture and service of ship equipment, deck machinery etc.;
- the scientific organizationsmembers of Association have proven experience in the implementation of fundamental and appliedresearches; numerical modeling and analysis in the field of ship hydrodynamics and aerodynamics;
- the designers organizationsmembers of BULNAS have proven experience in marine and offshoreBULGARIAN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPREPAIR
design, and in development of: preliminary project investigations, studies and analyses; technical, detailed and production designs; adapting and develop further existing designs for building of ships under specific conditions of the shipyards, as simultaneously the project documentation is developed by the specialized software programs: FORAN V50; Auto Cad; Tribon; Nupa etc;
- following the goals and moral values, laid down in their Code of Ethics, classification societies – members of Association are dedicated theirs activities to ensuring the safety of life and property at sea, and the prevention of pollution of the marine environment.
Unfortunately, said here can not fully to reveal and present the possibilities to yards, manufacturers, societies and organizations members of BULNAS (detailed information you can find on the website of each member), can not be done and a short briefly summary, but no body can hide or deny the fact that a large part of thus represented factories and organizations have over 35 - 40 years experience and established traditions in shipbuilding and ship repairing industry. Independently the long and difficult period of the transition, privatization transactions and bankruptcy the Bulgarian shipbuilding and ship repair industry is not only managed to "survive" and has preserve but also developed and asserted itself as a stable branch, placing Bulgaria among the industrially developed countries.
BULGARIAN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPREPAIR