HS Announcements: Friday, Sept. 14th. High School Class officer elections will take place today during homeroom. All vehicles must have a parking pass– even those parked in the gravel. If you still need a parking pass, see Mrs. Neer.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Class officer elections will take place today during homeroom.
All vehicles must have a parking pass– even those parked in the gravel. If you still need a parking pass, see Mrs. Neer.
Attention Juniors & Seniors. The following institutions and military branches will have representatives here to meet with you during homeroom time: 9/19- Cleveland Institute of Art
9/14 – University of Findlay 9/20- Shawnee State
9/17 – Army National Guard 9/24 – Bowling Green State University
9/18 – Urbana University 9/25 – Cedarville University
Please stop by guidance to sign up or if you have any questions.
4. Homecoming is the week after next. If you plan to bring a guest to the Homecoming dance (meaning someone who is not currently a student at WLS high school) you need to get a guest form from Mrs. Neer in the office.
The PSAT Test for Juniors will be given on Oct. 17th. The cost for the test this year is $14.50 and needed to be paid by 11:30am today. If you have not yet done so, you need to see Mrs. Hibbs during homeroom today to pay and register.
The HS Guidance Office will be collecting money for the PLAN test that will be given to sophomores starting Monday, September 17 until Friday, Oct. 5. Any sophomore who plans to attend a 4-year college post- graduation is encouraged to take this practice entrance examination. The cost is $11.75. Please bring your check made out to WL-S Schools or cash into the Guidance Office by 11:30 am when Ms. Tennant is here.
There will be an open gym for girls basketball on Monday from 3:00-4:00.
There will be a HS student council meeting on Monday, Sept. 17th during 1st Lunch/1st Homeroom in Mr. Thomas’s room.
1. The 7th grade volleyball team remained undefeated improving to 6-0 as they beat Triad in 3 sets yesterday. Jonni Parker led with 18 points, 14 aces and 8 kills. Tory Cordell had 9 points and 7 aces, Aubrie Stillings added 9 points and Macy Murphy and Abby Dillon both added 5 points. The Tigers travel to Mechanicsburg on Monday.
2. The 8th grade volleyball team lost to Triad yesterday. Olivia Ames had 19 points, 8 Aces and 2 Kills. Mikalia McIntosh had 15 points, 7 Aces and 5 Kills. Camille Whitcraft had 9 points. Kelby Strapp and Kiana Reames both had 3 kills. The Lady Tigers are now 2-4 and travel to McBurg on Monday.
3. The Middle School football team lost to Mechanicsburg, 26-8. James Loffing scored on a five yard reception from Luke Woods, and Woods added a two-point conversion run. The Tigers return to action next week at Springfield Catholic Central.
4. The Varsity Golf team defeated Northeastern at Liberty Hills yesterday by a score of 163-188. Top four scores for WLS were Nick Sims-36, Jake Rutan-37, Ethan McBean-41 and Casey Gay-49. The golf team is now 11-2 in league play.
5. The Varsity Girls Soccer team defeated Triad yesterday by a score of 12-0. Goals for WLS were Mel Ward-3, Shonda Gieseke-2, Hailey Miller-2, and Annika Wolfe, Carissa Magnuson, Ashleigh Gieseke, Maddison Oelker with one each. Addie Hartsel, Ashleigh Gieseke and Shonda Gieseke had 2 assists each and Morgan Freyhof had 1. April Kelley and Lauren Godwin each had 2 saves in goal. WLS is now 4-1-3 and 4-0-1 in OHC. Next game is at SCC on Tuesday.
6. The Varsity Boys Soccer team played Triad to a 1-1 tie. Byler Williamson netted the goal for WLS.