A German view of ENP Christine Normann, Ingo Schuster. A. Traditional Pillars EU policy (Ingo) B. German view on ENP (Christine) C. Remarks on ENP (Ingo). Traditional five pillars of German European Policy.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A. Traditional Pillars EU policy (Ingo)
B. German view on ENP (Christine)
C. Remarks on ENP (Ingo)
There is no traditional pillar that has not seen some damage during the last years:
2. Main characteristics of the German point of view?
3. Example /Case Study: The Orange Revolution in Ukraine
Discussion: Possible cooperation within the Weimar Triangle – especially Poland
Strong support, no proper concept
- Eastern partners important but not decisive for its Foreign and European Policy
- Question of destiny- Eastern region as important factor of its Foreign and Security Policy
- Russia first- political and economic partner
- Ukraine first, focus on Eastern neighbours- avoid Russian influence in the region- security issue
Ukraine: Membership perspective
- Reluctant - reason: its effect on the EU integration dynamism
- reason: security issue, Russia
Eastern border of EU
- strong border controls
- more open border, border cooperationGermany – Poland: Differences