e-return intermediary. Presented by: R. Kumar Singal & Co. IT Department. E- return intermediary. DISCLAIMER
R. Kumar Singal & Co.
The opinion and views expressed in this presentation are these of the contributors. the R. Kumar Singal & Co. does not necessarily concur with the same. every effect have been made by the contributors to avoid errors or omission in this presentation. however it is recommended that the readers crosscheck and refer to the relevant statutory provision/notification before action / non action on the information contained here in.
The e-Return Intermediary shall:
1) ensure that the assessee is an eligible person under this scheme.
2) ensure that the assessee has quoted a correct and valid permanent account number.
3) ensure that the particulars of advance tax, self assessment tax and tax deducted at source are in accordance with the documents enclosed.
4) ensure that the paper return of income has been properly filled-in and duly verified by the assessee, and the enclosures required to be filled with the return of income are enclosed.
5) ensure accuracy of the data entry while transcribing the return of income and during its transmission;
6) ensure that the electronic portion of the return of income is transmitted on or before the due date for filing the return of income;
7) ensure that the paper return is filed with the assessing officer having jurisdiction over the concerned assessee;
8) retain for a period of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year the electronic data of the return of income and the information relating to the provisional receipts issued in respect of the returns filed through it;
9) provide to the assessee a paper copy of the e-return submitted by it and the acknowledgement receipt of paper return filed by e-Return Intermediary to the Assessing Officer.
10)maintain confidentiality of the information that comes to his possession during the course of implementation of this scheme and shall not part with any such information to anyone, except with the prior written permission of the assessee or the assessing officer.
11) ensure that all his employees, agents, franchisees, etc., adhere to the provisions of this scheme.
12)promptly inform the Registrar of any change in the particulars given in the application filed by it for registration.
13)abide by the instructions issued by the e-Return Administrator, from time to time, for proper implementation of this scheme.
Following are the eligible Entities subject to fulfillment of certain terms and condition :
i. The entity must have Digital Signature Certificate (Class II or Class III) from any of the licensed Certifying Authorities specified by NSDL (currently TCS, IDRBT, Safes crypt, MTNL and nCode) for the purpose of digitally signing the application and the returns uploaded online.
iii. Software Requirements
iv. Internet Connectivity
v. The system used to log-on to the computer system of the ITD:
should have no resident/ running programs (other than what is allowed by ITD) ;
should have in place security procedure to ensure that there is no misuse.
vi. The entity should have necessary archival, retrieval and security policy for the e-returns that are filed through him.
To view the flowchart kindly go to our Home page