Bellwork Week 17 Day 1. 1. What large bay is located off the coasts of Spain and France? . Bay of Biscay. 2. You cross the International Date Line traveling west toward Asia. If it is Sunday before you cross, what day will it be once you cross the line? . Monday.
1. What large bay is located off the coasts of Spain and France?
Bay of Biscay
2. You cross the International Date Line traveling west toward Asia. If it is Sunday before you cross, what day will it be once you cross the line?
3. What is the only capital city south of the Missouri to be named for a United States president?
4. Which European country would probably have the largest navy: Switzerland, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Austria? Why?
United Kingdom, all the others are landlocked
1. What is the island nation southeast of India that was formerly called Ceylon?
2. Where would you be if you were sunning yourself at approximately 25 degrees N latitude and 81 degrees W longitude?
Eastern coast of florida
3. Is the capital of Thailand north or south of the 20 degrees N line of longitude? What is the name of this capital city?
4. What body of water connects Lake Ontario to the Atlantic Ocean?
St. Lawrence River (or Seaway)
1. What large Canadian province is bordered on the northwest by Hudson Bay?
2. The Alps are to Italy as the _________ are to India.
3. What is the capital of Nevada?
4. What river’s delta would you be in at 0 degrees latitude and 50 degrees W longitude?
1. What is the capital of Mali, the African nation that is larger than Texas and California combined?
2. False Cape is located at the intersection of the Tropic of Cancer and 110 degrees W longitude. In what country is this located?
3. What is the capital of New York, the state that is the home of the West Point Military Academy?
4. What gulf is located north of Libya?
Gulf of Sidra