Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. M AQUI L OGISTICS. Jim McNamara. Principle / U.S. Customs Broker. 6620 S. 33 rd St. Bldg. J McAllen, TX 78503 Phone: 956-630-6377 Fax: 956-630-6617 Cell: 956-227-3928.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Principle / U.S. Customs Broker
6620 S. 33rd St. Bldg. J McAllen, TX 78503 Phone: 956-630-6377 Fax: 956-630-6617 Cell: 956-227-3928
594 S. Vermillion Brownsville, TX 78521 Phone: 956-504-6440 Fax: 956-504-2665 Home: 956-618-5155
514 Nafta Blvd. Laredo, TX 78045 Phone: 956-753-389 Fax: 956-753-3204
420A Pan American Dr. El Paso, TX 79907 Phone: 915-858-8865 Fax: 915-858-8068
Recap of problems with Cost Submission process:
1) With no specific written procedures for handling and limiting . extensions, the yearly submissions were sometimes submitted . 7 or 8 months after the year close.
2) “Block Appraisement” was not provided for under U.S. . .. … Customs law. If Customs gave refunds these refunds ... . . . . .. should only be calculated on an entry by entry basis, not on. . on only the last 1 or 2 months entries.
3) Process was manual, did not interface with other processes . .. that affected duties. Double refunding possible.
4) No trackability of receipts, no automated history of filing, of .. status, or of actions taken to resolve “+ or –”.
- In response to GAO audit, U.S. Customs devised a “better .. mousetrap” for the cost submission called “Reconciliation”.
- Voluntary program available to those importers who use . . estimated information at time of entry or in instances in . . .. which certain information required to make proper entry of .. goods, is unknown at time of entry.
- Many different reasons why entries need to be reconciled . Value, 9802, NAFTA, “Court pending” classification issues) . . The concept of “Reconciliation” was expanded to cover . . . . . various type of situations and not just cost submissions. -
-Flagging; two options
o Blanket (never use this) o entry-by-entry (only “viable” approach)
- Two types of reconciliation entries:
° Aggregate – can use this if no duty impact or you .. owe money to U.S. Customs.
° Entry by entry – use this if you want a refund from . U.S. Customs.-