1914-1918. “The War to End All Wars”. Map 22.2 U.S Participation on the Western Front, 1918 (p. 644). How World War I Comes to an End!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“The War to End All Wars”
Russia signs the Brest-Litovsk Peace Treaty with Germany pulling out of the war. Russia gave up large territories of land to Germany - Finland, Poland, Ukraine, and the Baltic States.
Austria-Hungary surrendered to the Allies in November of 1917.
Wilson’s 14 Points 644)
A plan drawn up by W.Wilson that included 14 specific strategies for ending the war and making peace.
1. It would be an international organization with the purpose of preserving peace throughout the world.
2. Every nation would have an equal vote.
3. Every nation in the world would be a member, and each nation would have an equal vote.
4. Any controversy within the League would be turned over to the Central Council: France, Britain, Italy, Japan, the U.S., and five small nations.
Treaty of Versailles 644)
A. Kaiser Wilhelm II (German leader) was forced to give up his throne and he fled to Holland for the next 23 years.
B. Germany had to pay back $30 Billion in war reparations.
C. Germany had to break up all Alliances with other countries.
D. Germany had to admit to a “Guilt Clause.”
E. Created a League of Nations.
F. Italy gained very little, refused to sign a treaty.
G. Germany establishes a Republican form of government.
9 New Nations Created:
Nations formed from Austria-Hungary
1. Czechoslovakia 2. Yugoslavia 3. Austria-Hungary split
* The United States gained nothing!
The End! 644)