Download
p4001 meeting 4 hyperspectral stds n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
P4001 Meeting #4 Hyperspectral Stds . PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
P4001 Meeting #4 Hyperspectral Stds .

P4001 Meeting #4 Hyperspectral Stds .

221 Views Download Presentation
Download Presentation

P4001 Meeting #4 Hyperspectral Stds .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. P4001 Meeting #4Hyperspectral Stds. Oct 9, 2018 – 10:00-11:00 @ IEEE HQ Piscataway NJ & Virtual Meeting (via Zoom link)

  2. Rules of Discussion & Role Call • Please keep your microphone on “Mute” when not speaking. • Request to speak via CHAT in the Meeting • Queue will form and be called by the Chair in order request was received. • Disclaimer: Recording the meeting – for role call purposes and meeting minutes and will be deleted ASAP. • Secretary to call the role and affiliations. • Establish Quorum • Being present continues or counts towards your voting WG membership.

  3. Agenda Review

  4. Approval of Minutes from Meetings #2 and #3. Meeting #2 Minutes Meeting #3 Minutes

  5. Patent Policy Review

  6. Participants have a duty to inform the IEEE • Participants shall inform the IEEE (or cause the IEEE to be informed) of the identity of each holder of any potential Essential Patent Claims of which they are personally aware if the claims are owned or controlled by the participant or the entity the participant is from, employed by, or otherwise represents • Participants should inform the IEEE (or cause the IEEE to be informed) of the identity of any other holders of potential Essential Patent Claims Early identification of holders of potential Essential Patent Claims is encouraged Slide #1

  7. Ways to inform IEEE • Cause an LOA to be submitted to the IEEE-SA (patcom@ieee.org); or • Provide the chair of this group with the identity of the holder(s) of any and all such claims as soon as possible; or • Speak up now and respond to this Call for Potentially Essential Patents If anyone in this meeting is personally aware of the holder of any patent claims that are potentially essential to implementation of the proposed standard(s) under consideration by this group and that are not already the subject of an Accepted Letter of Assurance, please respond at this time by providing relevant information to the WG Chair Slide #2

  8. Other guidelines for IEEE WG meetings • All IEEE-SA standards meetings shall be conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, including antitrust and competition laws. • Don’t discuss the interpretation, validity, or essentiality of patents/patent claims. • Don’t discuss specific license rates, terms, or conditions. • Relative costs of different technical approaches that include relative costs of patent licensing terms may be discussed in standards development meetings. • Technical considerations remain the primary focus • Don’t discuss or engage in the fixing of product prices, allocation of customers, or division of sales markets. • Don’t discuss the status or substance of ongoing or threatened litigation. • Don’t be silent if inappropriate topics are discussed … do formally object. --------------------------------------------------------------- For more details, see IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual, clause 5.3.10 and Antitrust and Competition Policy: What You Need to Know at http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/antitrust.pdf Slide #3

  9. Patent-related information The patent policy and the procedures used to execute that policy are documented in the: • IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws(http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/bylaws/sect6-7.html#6) • IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual(http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/opman/sect6.html#6.3) Material about the patent policy is available at http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/patcom/materials.html If you have questions, contact the IEEE-SA Standards Board Patent Committee Administrator at patcom@ieee.org Slide #4

  10. New Topics for Discussion

  11. Update on P4001 Activities and Outreach • SPIE DCS – Call for Papers in HSI (Due Oct 5) • EMVA – Oct 17-18 Heidelberg (Chris) • DIN – Oct 4 (Via DLR - Chris) • NGA and JACIE activities. • Presentations at other meetings • John – Photonex HSI 2018 • John – Vietnam (end of Oct) • John – China (end of Oct) • Reach out to NMIs – David • IE – January (Chris) • Other Opportunities? – open to group.

  12. Elections for P4001 Positions • Barbara Darnell – Elections Officer (badarnellbde@gmail.com) • Overview • There appear to be no other candidates – Final Call…

  13. P4001 Sub-Groups so far…

  14. Working group responsibilities • Hold an organizational meeting • Identify leaders, members and contributors. • Start ListServ • Define Workspaces in iMeet • Define other tools (Web etc). • Hold meetings as often as necessary • Create a roadmap to completion of the task • Identify needed assets from P4001 and IEEE (iMeet and other) • Report activity, attendance and minutes to P4001

  15. Other Updates • iMeet Update (Chris) • Ran into technical difficulties • Plan to work with Nicholas Orlando to get the subgroups up within 5 days. • Website Update (Alex) • Mission Statement Updates (David) • FUTURE: Sub-Group Activity Updates (One Slide per Group)

  16. Presentation – SPECIM • Presentors: Hannu Holma, Kari Kataja • Title: “Notes on smile and keystone calculation principles at Specim”

  17. Presentation – Northrop Grumman (Preview) • Presentors: Kevin Romero • Title: “Physics-oriented system descriptions for HSI standards development”

  18. Upcoming Meeting Times • Suggestions for next virtual meeting Dates? • November 14 or 15 • December 18 or 19 • Locations of Next Face-to-Face Meeting • Photonics West (February 2-7, 2019) • Virtual Meeting (1hr) + ½ Day Workshop for Sub-Groups • SPIE Defense & Commercial Sensing (April 14-18) • Virtual Meeting (2hr) + Full Day Workshop for Sub Groups • Call for papers – Deadline Extended by Session Chair Dr. Miguel Velez-Reyes • IGARSS 2019 (July Yokohama) – GRSS Special Session on Standards • P4001 will be presenting one of 8-10 papers • Other items?

  19. Call for Additional Motions or Discussion? • Requests for topics/presentations at next meeting?

  20. Unfinished Business

  21. Wrap up and Adjourn