Military history of our country must not be forgotten. Borodino. Aims of the Presentation. 1. Educating interest in the history of the Motherland 2. Broadening and educating the mind 3. Educating achievement drive 4. Stimulating communicative skills and creativity
1. Educating interest in the history of the Motherland
2. Broadening and educating the mind
3. Educating achievement drive
4. Stimulating communicative skills and creativity
5. Improving all types of communicative activity in English: speaking, writing, listening, reading
attacked the Imperial Russian Army of General Mikhail Kutuzov near the village of Borodino, west of the town of Mozhaysk, and eventually captured the main positions on the battlefield, but failed to destroy the Russian army despite heavy losses.
commander of the 2nd Russian army.
The French lost about 30,000 men.
Kutuzov’s headquarters is marked by an obelisk in the village Gorki.
Triumphal Arc, a monument to the heroes of Patriotic War of of 1812. The Arc was designed by a famous architect Osip Bovet and built in 1827-1834
bloody one-day battle near the village of Borodino?
2. What was the end of the Borodino battle?
3. What does the Borodino Military-Historical Museum- Preserve include?
4. How is Kutuzov’s headquarters marked?