Causes of the American Revolution. September 5, 2012. Remember…. Georgia was now a royal colony, subject to the rule of the King of England (Great Britain) George II had passed away, so his son, George III, was now king.
September 5, 2012
In 1753, a young George Washington was sent to warn the French to stop building forts there
When those demands were ignored, Washington went again with troopsBeginnings of the French and Indian War
2) What area was disputed during the French and Indian War?
3) What was the name given to the war in Europe?
4) Which 2 cities did the British capture that signaled the end of the war?
5) What did the Treaty of Paris of 1763 do to Georgia’s boundary?
6) How did the British decide to deal with their war debt?
7) What was taxed under the Stamp Act?
8) Why were the Intolerable Acts passed?
9) What did Georgians decide to do in response to the Intolerable Acts?
10) Where was the “shot heard ‘round the world” fired?
11) What is the difference between a Loyalist and a Patriot?
12) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
13) Describe the 3 parts of the Declaration of Independence.
14) How did Georgians react to the Declaration of Independence?Questions: