Welcome!. Algebra Two/Trig Honors 2007-2008 Sandy Christen email@example.com http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/myschool/schristen http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/myschool/_math. http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/MySchool/schristen/. I cannot believe that this is my 32nd year teaching
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Algebra Two/Trig Honors
I cannot believe that this ismy 32nd year teaching
in Oak Ridge! This year I am teaching two
Algebra Two/Trig Honors classes and
am also Oak Ridge Schools Math Coordinator.
I may be contacted by telephone at school
at 425-9675 or 425-9043
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am available for extra help before school
from 7:00 -7:45 and by appointment.
Please do not hesitate to contact me
with any problems, suggestions or concerns.
Algebra Two/Trigonometry Honors
Algebra Two/Trig Honors
Click on the date for the assignment.
All assignments are due the next day, unless specified otherwise.
4. HOMEWORK: An assignment sheet will be given at the beginning of each chapter. Usually, one assignment per day is given. The assignments are not set in stone and adjustments are made as needed.
On the day following an assignment, questions will be answered. At this time students should correct mistakes they have made in their homework. There will not be time to go over every problem each day. Students may also call me at home any time before 10 PM to receive help in solving a problem.
Homework will be graded for completeness and correctness. There is a high correlation between doing homework and higher test scores. Assignments will be kept current on my web page: http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/myschool/schristen. (or go to the ORHS homepage (http://orhs.ortn.edu and click on academic departments)
If you are absent, check your assignment sheet or your teacher’s assignment page for the assignment. Also, you are responsible for the notes given in class that day
5. GRADING: A point system is used. Points may be earned from tests (usually 100 points), quizzes (10-50 pts), notes, homework and worksheets. If a student does not maintain a C average in the class, a recommendation will be made for the student to transfer to regular Algebra Two/trig. Also, a student who does not pass the trigonometry part of the course with a C average will NOT receive Algebra Two/trig credit. Instead the student will receive regular Algebra Two credit and will have to either take trigonometry in summer school or take Algebra Three/Trig next year.
6. POINT SHEET: Students are required to keep a point sheet which keeps track of the number of points a student has earned and the number of points possible. Dividing the points earned by the points possible calculates the percent and their grade at any given time. This will be kept in the front pocket of their notes folder. Parents/guardians: look at these periodically, PLEASE!
7. EXTRA HELP: Appointments can be made for extra help either before school, during lunch, or after school. Several teachers also tutor in the morning and/or after school. Also, the National Honor Society provides tutoring. If a student needs help, we will find time somehow!
8. WEB Site: The Math Department web site: http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/myschoo/_math has links to your teacher.
The teacher web page has class information and policies and a link to a class assignment page with daily assignments and other class information.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to call me at 425-9675 (school) or
Or, email me at email@example.com
Please feel free to contact me at any time
via: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or school: 425-9675 or 425-9043
Math Department Web Site
(Contains Course curriculum maps, Gateway information,
Math department news, Links to teachers)
ORHS Home Page
Monday Before School 7:00 - 7:45 am
Tuesday Before School 7:00 - 7:45 am
Wednesday Before School 7:00 - 7:45 am
Thursday Before School 7:00 - 7:45 am
Friday Before School 7:00 - 7:45 am
Other times are available by appointment.
1st Period Algebra Two/Trigonometry Honors
2nd Period Algebra Two/Trigonometry Honors
3rd Period Planning
4th Period Lunch
5th Period Math Coordinator
6th Period Math Coordinator
7th Period Math Coordinator
Links to some of the online resources:
Student Success OrganizerAn innovative study aid in the form of a notebook
organizer that helps students develop a
section-by-section summary of key concepts
Graphing Calculator Utility ProgramsProvided below is a document containing programs
for the TI-82, TI-83, TI-83 Plus,
TI-89, TI-92 Plus, and Voyage 200 calculators.
These programs can be used to help you solve
several types of applications in this book.
ACE Practice TestsTake ACE Practice Tests and get your results immediately,
to check your understanding.
Digital LessonsUse these clear and concise PowerPoint slides to enhance your
understanding of the topics covered in this course.
Print them out for reference or view them on your computer.
Alternate Chapter PView an expanded version of Sections P.1-P.4.
These expanded sections contain detailed explanations
and more examples of key concepts.