Teaching the Concepts of Meiosis D2.2, D3.1, D3.4 . Khagen Dhakal Rosa Rossi. Introduction to Meiosis. If someone told you that your body developed from the fertilization of a unique sperm and unique egg you might think they are joking!
If someone told you that your body developed from the fertilization of a unique sperm and unique egg you might think they are joking!
Truth is, they aren’t! But there is more to the story than an egg and a sperm.
To put it in simple terms (for now) the fertilized egg , which we call a zygote, undergoes successive cell division.
What is successive cell division?
To better understand this we will explore the process of Meiosis.
crossing over, and
1. In the photo, how many asci marked with an X show no evidence of crossing over?
• maintain a well-organized and uncluttered work space;
• follow established safety procedures;
• identify possible safety concerns;
• suggest and implement appropriate safety procedures;
• carefully follow the instructions and example of the teacher;
• consistently show care and concern for their own safety and that of others
Trisomy 18-Edwards syndrome