Twenty Questions VARIOUS CAP AND DRUG QUESTIONS
1. QUESTION What are the core values of CAP
AND THE ANSWER IS • Respect – Integrity – Volunteer Service - Excellence
2. QUESTION • Who was the 118th man to fly across the Atlantic?
And the answer is • Charles Lindberg
3. QUESTION • What are the 3 overlapping components of followership?
AN THE ANSWER IS • 1. The Job2. Leader-follower relationship.3. Your responsibility to yourself.
4. QUESTION • What drug can the following ingredients be used to make?: Paint thinner, iodine, kerosene, battery acid and cat litter.
AN THE ANSWER IS • METH
5. QUESTION • What CAP Regulation governs the DDR Program?
AN THE ANSWER IS • CAPR 51-1
6. QUESTION • Brown sugar, dope,H, horse, junk,skag, skunk,smack, white horse; are street names for what drug?
AN THE ANSWER IS • HEROIN
7. QUESTION • How many times more likely are you to develop alcohol problems by starting to drink around or before age 15 then at age 21.
AN THE ANSWER IS • 5 times. A person who starts drinking at the legal age of 21 has only a 7% chance of becoming addicted. (a person who doesn’t ever start drinking has a 0% chance.)
8. QUESTION • If your best friends were doing drugs around you what would you do?
AN THE ANSWER IS • Our other questions were fun but now lets discuss how you would handle that situation.
9. QUESTION • What is the President Physical Fitness Award?
AN THE ANSWER IS • The President's Challenge is a program that encourages all Americans to make being active part of their everyday lives. No matter what your activity and fitness level, the President's Challenge can help motivate you to improve.
10. QUESTION • When you filled out your application for cadet membership what is the pledge that you agreed to?
AN THE ANSWER IS • I hereby make application for cadet membership in the Civil Air Patrol. I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program and that I will attend meetings, participate in actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be a service to my community, state and nation. • Have you prepared yourself to be a service to your community?
QUESTION What to drugs do?
AN THE ANSWER IS • All drugs, whether legal or illegal affect the brain by interacting with naturally occurring brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters • This alters people’s behavior. • Every drug (including legal drugs such as aspirin) is potentially harmful.
12. QUESTION • What does it mean to have a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of 0.10%?
AN THE ANSWER IS • There is 1 part alcohol per 1,000 parts of blood
13. QUESTION • Who is the Manager of the DDR Program at NHQ?
AN THE ANSWER IS • Mr. Mike Simpkins
14. QUESTION Marijuana, which contains the toxic compound THC, is the most commonly used _______ drug in America
AN THE ANSWER IS • ILLEGAL
15. QUESTION The active ingredient in marijuana called THC,________ damages memory nerve cells in your brain
AN THE ANSWER IS • PERMANENTLY
16. QUESTION • What is the name of the tallest cadet in Civil Air Patrol?
AND THE ANSWER IS • CADET KEN
17. QUESTION • Hallucinogens – What do they produce?
AN THE ANSWER IS • Hallucinogens – produce mood and perceptual changes varying from sensory illusions to hallucinations.
18. QUESTION • Is this TRUE or FALSE • A mixed drink made with one shot (1.5 ounces) of hard liquor such as whiskey has more alcohol than a 12-ounce bottle of beer
AN THE ANSWER IS • FALSE: They contain about the same amount of alcohol
19. QUESTION • The toxic agent in alcohol that causes dizziness, nausea, and hangovers is called________
AN THE ANSWER IS • ETHANOL
20. QUESTION • TRUE OR FALSE • Only adults can be alcoholics
AN THE ANSWER IS • FALSE: More than 3 million underage drinkers in the U.S. are alcoholics.