Psychiatric & Mental Disorders During Pregnancy. Supervised by: Dr. S uresh. outlines. Why is it important ?. Women are at the greatest risk of developing a psychiatric disorder during childbearing age .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
* Rapidly fluctuating mood * tearfulness
* Irritability * Poor concentration
* Depression and anxiety * Sleep disturbance
* Depressed mood * Tearfulness
*Inability to enjoy pleasurable activities * Insomnia & Fatigue
* Appetite disturbance * Suicidal thoughts
*Recurrent thoughts of death.
* Hallucinations *Delusions .
* Restlessness and insomnia
* Rapidly shifting depressed or elated mood, and disorganized behavior.
_ prior history of depression or family history of a mood disorder are at increased risk for postpartum depression.
are first-line agents and are effective in women with postpartum depression. eg, fluoxetine and sertraline
may be useful for women with sleep disturbance eg , Nortriptyline and venlafaxine.
* sleep and eating difficulties * temper tantrums
* hyperactivity * delays in cognitive development
* emotional and social dysregulation
* early onset of depressive illness.