BASIC ECCLESIAL COMMUNITIES (B.E.C.) . BASIC ECCLESIAL COMMUNITES. B eing together, we reach out to all persons and build relationships in our neighbourhood. E vangelising one another, we meet Jesus by listening to the Word and sharing
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
we reach out to all persons and build relationships
in our neighbourhood.
Evangelising one another,
we meet Jesus by listening to the Word and sharing
what God is calling me to be and do.
C ommiting ourselves,
we live our faith by caring for and serving others
within and beyond the community.
S trengthening our Church
we unite our BECs with the Parish, the Diocese and
the Universal Church.
This is our response to “A new way of being Church, to build the Kingdom of God”.
1) COMMUNITARIAN PASTORAL CARE
OF BECs IS CENTRAL AND VITAL.
2) BECs ARE RELATIONAL COMMUNITIES.
3) ALL ARE INCLUDED.
4) ACTIVE PARTICIPATION OF YOUTH.
5) A COMMON DESIGNATED WEEK. (REGULARLY)
6) FORMATION/COORDINATION OF BEC CORE TEAMS.
7) A BEC CORE TEAM IS IMPORTANT.
8) COMMITMENT OF PARISH PRIESTS TOWARDS COMMUNTIY BUILDING.
9) THE EUCHARIST AT BEC LEVEL.
10) THE DIOCESAN ANIMATING TEAM ANIMATES & MONITORS BECs.
* Enquire whether any sick/elderly.
* Confirm with parish priest if the
person is “eligible”.
* Inform Communion Minister.
* Ensure that Communion is brought
* Be prepared for those who are sick or
1) Visit the Family on hearing of news.
2) Arrange for undertaker.
3) Help to make a Police Report (home)
4) Inform the priest if this has not been done by the family.
5) Accompany the family members to obtain a burial plot.
6) Assist in getting sheds up.
7) Arrange for Nightly prayers for the deceased.
8) Arrange for meals & child-minding for the bereaved family.
9) Assist in the preparation for the Funeral.
(Usually the Reading of the day).
Recommended that members remain for a while for fellowship after the Prayer/Hymn