Great Britain: a Country of Traditions. I. English Proverbs :. With the Foxes we Must Play Fox. When in Rome Do as the Romans Do. So Many Countries, so Many Customs. With the Foxes we Must Play Fox. Guy Fawkes Day Christmas St.Valentine’s Day Easter Halloween Country Defendant Day
With the Foxes we Must Play Fox.
1. English families prefer to live…
a). In flats b). In own houses
2. On Sundays theatres and shops are…
a). Closed b). opened
3. British buses are…
a). Single-decked b). Double-decked
and yellow and red
4.The cars keep to the …
a) left of road b). Right of road
5. The most popular English game is…
a). Cricket b). Football
6. English people have tea …
a). For breakfast b). The whole day
7. The Englishmen have sentimental love for…
a). New things b). Old things
8. The traditional English house has…
a). Three floors b). Two floors
9. They have … in their houses.
a). A fireplace b). Central heating
10. In Great Britain the favourite topic to discuss is … .
a) hobby b). weather
1. Before every State Opening of Parliament, the men of the guard in their scarlet and gold uniforms, gather in the Prince’s Chamber of the house of Lords. Ignoring the a) Pancake Racing existence of electric light, they search every corner of the cellars beneath the Palace of Westminster by the light of old candle-lanterns. When they are satisfied that all is well a message is sent to the Queen and Parliament is free to assemble.
the Houses of
4. In Scotland, some wells are decorated by passers-by with strips of cloth, representing problems, prayers or wishes. It is traditional to visit the wells before or on the fist Sunday in May.