WHAT IS OCRA?. An Introduction to the Office of Clients’ Rights Advocacy. Introduction of Presenter. Your Clients’ Rights Advocate is________________ Your Assistant Clients’ Rights Advocate is _________________ You can call us at________________ TTY: (800) 669-6023.
An Introduction to the Office of Clients’ Rights Advocacy
OCRA is funded through a contract with the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS).Introduction to OCRA
1) People currently receiving regional center services
2) People seeking eligibility to receive regional center services.
1)There are 21 CRAs across the state, one for every regional center
2)CRAs are not employees of the regional center. CRAs are employees of Protection & Advocacy Inc.
3)The CRA is a person trained to advocate on behalf of persons with developmental disabilities.
4)CRAs provide free legal services for regional center consumers.
5)CRAs try to resolve legal problems related to a consumer’s disability.
Medi-Cal, Private Insurance
Conservatorship and Guardianship
Abuse and NeglectWhat areas of law can my CRA assist me with?
Service areas are listed in our brochure, and include the following, among others:
1) What your problem is.
2) Questions to determine how best we can assist you.
3) Information which we use to determine how best we can assist you.
4) Basic questions such as your phone number, address, and birthday.
1) Information and/or referral
2) Technical assistance
3) Investigation of your case
4) Direct Representation