PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND THE SERVICESCAPE Chapter 10. Donna J. Hill, Ph.D. Service Marketing Spring 2000. Servicescape. Physical facility ---(interior & exterior) Ambient conditions ---(temp. colors, noises, smells) Other tangibles. Table 10-1 Elements of Physical Evidence.
Donna J. Hill, Ph.D.
Signs, Symbols, and Artifacts
Social Interactions between and among customer and employees
Source: Adapted from Mary Jo Bitner, “Servicescapes.”
1. Recognize strategic impact.
3. Clarify roles of the Servicescape
4. Assess and identify physical evidence
5. Update and modernize
Cost Efficiency: Maximize efficiency & productivity.
Customization: Focus on customers.
Technical SQ..: Maximize quality of technical output.
Functional SQ..: Maximize quality of customer
1. Modify layout of facility.
2. Reduce capacity of facility.
3. Control number of customers in facility.
4. Hire more customer contact personnel.
1. Use signs.
2. Modify ambient conditions.