The U.S Constitution Project. Madalyn Gathright 4 12-8-11. Article One: The Legislative Branch. House of Representatives a . Qualifications
Madalyn Gathright 4 12-8-11
- Age: Must be at least 25 years old
- Residency: Must live in the state you represent.
- Elections: Every two years.
- Impose and collect taxes and duties.
- Borrow money.
- Regulate commerce with foreign nations and among the states.
- Coin money.
- Establish post offices.
- Declare war.
- Raise and support the army and navy.
- Age: Must be at least Thirty years old.
- Citizenship: A minimum of Nine years in the US.
- Residency: They can not live in the state in which they are elected.
- Elections: Once a year.
-Borrow money on the credit of the United States.
-To establish post offices and post roads.
- Age: Must be at least Thirty-Five.
- Citizenship: Must be a native born citizen.
- Residency: Must have lived in the country for at least Fourteen years.
- Carry out and enforce the laws made by congress.
- Interpreting state laws.
- Settling legal disputes.
- Punishing violators of the law.
- Protecting individual rights.
- Determining the guilt or innocence of those accused of violating the laws carried out by the Executive Branch.