SQA Introduction. What is Software. Software is: Computer programs, procedures, and possibly associated documentation and data relates to the operation of a computer system . [IEEE_Std_610.12-1990]. Some Causes of Software Errors. 1. Client developer communication failures
1. Client developer communication failures
2. Intended variation from software requirements
3. Coding errors
4. Noncompliance with documentation and coding instructions
5. Shortcomings of the testing process
6. User interface
7. Documentation errors fault
(1) The degree to which a system, component, or process meets specified requirements.
Small text that can’t be resized
Software quality assurance is an umbrella activity that is applied throughout the software process.
Quality --> refers to measurable characteristics of a software.
These items can be compared based on a given standard
Two types of quality control:
- Quality design -> the characteristics that designers specify for an item.
--> includes: requirements, specifications, and the design of the system.
- Quality of conformance -> the degree to which the design specification are followed. It focuses on implementation based on the design.