Article 2. Group members: General 9310026A Isaac 9310028A Peggy 9310032A Judy 9310036A. A DRAMATURGICAL LOOK AT INTERVIEW . Interview:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. It is defined simply as conversation with a purpose
that is to gather information.
2. It is a kind of face-to-face interaction
1. An art
2. Technical skill
3. Face-to-face interaction
Two stages of research:
1. getting in=>techniques and analysis to get the
2. analysis=> make sense of the information
1. It’s defined as the art of writing and producing
plays in the dictionary.
2. Here, it means interview could be designed by
There are three different types of interviews:
1. Standardized (formal) interview
2. Unstandardized (informal) interview
3. Semistandardized interview
1.Standardized interview means interviewers use
formally structured schedule of interview questions to
2.The purpose of standardized interviews are designed to get information from interviewees by a set of predetermined questions that related to the study.
1. Interviewers doesn’t use predetermined schedule of
interview questions to ask interviewees.
2. Interviewers begin with the assumption that they don’t know in advance what all necessary questions are.
3. It allows interviewers to get additional information that they don’t observe in the questionnaires.
4. It is useful when interviewers are not familiar with respondents.
1.It’s located between standardized and unstandardized
2. The questions of semistandardized interview are asked of each interviewee in systematic and
consistent order, but interviewers are allowed to ask
questiones that not totally follow the sequence of predetermined questions.
Interview is an effective method of collecting
information, but the use of interview format depends on
what kinds of questions you want to ask and the sorts
of answers you expected to be offered.
Frequency of smoking=>Using questionnaires
Feeling of smoking =>Using interview
1.Beginging interview with outline that lists all study-related categories.
For example :
1. Background of interviewee
2. Reason of smoking
3. Influence of smoking
1.The Specific ordering, phrasing, level of language ,
limit to subject matter , and general style depend on
the educational and social level of interviewees.
a. essential questions
b. extra questions
c. throw-away questions
d. probing questions
It specially relates to the central focus of the study , so it
would be placed throughout the survey.
Central focus=>the effect of CAI on college students’ writing
50 questions=> follow the central focus to design
ex: Could you tell me more about that?
What happen next? How come?
ex: word ”why”, Americans tend to produce negative responses, and they may not respond accurately or completely
ex: Do you use phonics to read, or you use K.K?
evasion tactics: no further discussion of a specific issue
or in a particular area
deference ceremony: to respect others
Novice interviewers→ nervous
Most subjects might ask” why me?”
→Best answer: You were chosen by chance according to a random selection procedure.Interviewer’s Attitudes and Persuading a Subject
(Late evening hours, lunch breaks.)
1. Never begin an interview cold.
→Chatting with the subject first. Let them feel comfortable.
2. Remember your purpose.
→ Memorized your questions.
3.Present a natural front.
→ Be relaxed, affirmative, and natural.
→ Listen to what they say, and respond.
5. Think about appearance.
→Depend on who you are interviewing.
6. Interview in a comfortable place.
→Depend on where your subject like.
→Ask them to give more information by simple pause or an uncomfortable silence.
8. Be respectful.
→Make the subject feel they are very important.
9. Practice, practice, and practice some more.
10. Be cordial and appreciative.
→ Remember to thank the subject.
→ Similarities and dissimilarities
Online Grammar Learning【Major Topic/Theme】
#2 I think it is workable
#13 I love doing online grammar learning
#8 there are no classmates and teacher.
#3 I think online learning is boring.
→For example: yes, no, or unclear.