INB 205 Week 1 CheckPoint Foreign Investment Presentation\n \nINB 205 Week 1 DQs\n \nINB 205 Week 2 Assignment Foreign Exchange Markets Summary\n \nINB 205 Week 2 CheckPoint International Relationships Table (Appendix B)\n \n
INB 205 Entire Course
INB 205 Week 1 CheckPoint Foreign Investment
INB 205 Week 1 CheckPoint Foreign Investment Presentation
INB 205 Week 1 DQs
INB 205 Week 2 Assignment Foreign Exchange Markets Summary
INB 205 Week 2 CheckPoint International Relationships Table (Appendix B)
• Due Date: Day 5 [post to the Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario: You work for a company that manufacturersskateboards. Until now your company has only sold their skateboards domestically, butnow the CEO is interested in exporting the skateboards to Australia. The CEO asks youto design a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to present at the next board of directors’
NB 205 Week 1 DQs
INB 205 Week 2 Assignment Foreign Exchange Markets
Discussion Question 1• Due Date: Day 2 [post to the Main forum]• Post your response to the following: Describe the driving business forces in both theforeign and domestic environment. In what ways do they operate differently? Why?Provide an example.6. Discussion Question 2• Due Date: Day 4 [post to the Main forum]
You have now learned about the world’s major foreign exchange markets (London, NewYork, Tokyo, and Singapore) and read about the history of the gold standard. Becausefluctuating currency rates are an important aspect of international dealings, knowing howforeign exchange markets function will help ensure your success in the international
INB 205 Week 2 CheckPoint International Relationships
INB 205 Week 3 DQs
• Due Date: Day 5 [Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario: Your company wants to begin exporting to South Korea.Your boss has asked you to do some research regarding the local customs, culture, andbusiness habits of the country.• Develop a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation addressing sociocultural
Discussion Question 1• Resources: p. 102 in International Business.• Due Date: Day 2 [Main forum]• Choose one of the newly industrializing countries mentioned in the text (p. 102International Business)• Choose a product you think would be suitable to export to the country you chose basedsolely on that country’s location, climate, topography, and natural resources.
INB 205 Week 4 Assignment Introduction to International
IINB 205 Week 4 CheckPoint Exchange Rates Research
Assignment: Introduction to International Labor Memo• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario: Your company sells its products in many differentcountries. The Director of Exporting and Trade has decided to take on a number ofinterns over the summer to help the company
• Resource: Figure 11.1 on p. 328 and p. 349 in International Business.• Due Date: Day 4 [Individual forum]• Complete Research Task #1 on p. 349 using the information in Figure 11.1 on p. 328.• Describe your findings in a 200- to 300-word response.
INB 205 Week 5 CheckPoint Population Growth Rates
INB 205 Week 5 DQs
• Resources: http://www.prb.org/pdf05/05WorldDataSheet_Eng.pdf (Population GrowthIndex), http://www.atkearney.com/shared_res/pdf/FDICIOct_2004_S.pdf (FDI ConfidenceIndex)• Due Date: Day 5 [Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario:
Discussion Question 1• Due Date: Day 2 [Main forum]• Post your response to these questions: Explain why you think international strategy isimportant. What is the difference between domestic and international strategicplanning? Be sure to respond to your classmates’ thoughts as well as posting yourown.
NB 205 Week 6 Assignment WalMart Takes on the World
INB 205 Week 6 CheckPoint Market Screening for Final
• Resources: International Business pp. 407-409, 426-427, and Ch. 14• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]• Read pp. 407-409, Wal-Mart Takes on the World.• Consider the following scenario: Your boss, the CEO of Wal-Mart, is interested inexpanding operations into India.
• Resources: http://www.mhhe.com/business/management/intlonline/ and Appendix A• Due Date: Day 4 [Individual forum]• Visit http://www.mhhe.com/business/management/intlonline/ to select a region andcountry to review for your final project.
INB 205 Week 7 CheckPoint Export Documentation Matrix
INB 205 Week 7 DQ 1
Resources: Appendix C, Ch. 16 in International Business• Due Date: Day 5 [Individual forum]• Complete the documentation forms and functions matrix.• Post your matrix as an attachment.
Discussion Question 1• Due Date: Day 2 [Main forum]• Post your response to the following: Consider the marketing mix. How does themarketing mix differ in the domestic and international environments? How is it the same?Should international marketing managers standardize the marketing mix? Why or whynot?
INB 205 Week 7 DQ 2
INB 205 Week 8 Assignment Lunch and Learn
Discussion Question 2• Due Date: Day 4 [Main forum]• Post your response to the following: There are many reasons a company would chooseto export their products to a different country. Likewise, there are also many reasons acompany would choose to import products from another country. Imagine that you are themanufacturer of a product.
Assignment: Lunch and Learn Presentation• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario: You have been asked by the director of yourdepartment to put together a “lunch-and-learn” wherein you will give your coworkers anintroduction to the concepts of international strategy and organizational design
INB 205 Week 8 CheckPointCh 20 Questions
INB 205 Week 9 capstone DQ
• Resources: Appendix D• Due Date: Day 4 [Individual forum]• Answer the questions in Appendix D.• Post your answers as an attachment
Due Date: Day 3 [Main forum]• Post your response to these questions: In what ways has this course changed how youview international business dealings? Which topic was most relevant for you, and howwill you apply what you have learned
INB 205 Week 9 Final Project Export Business Plan
Project: Export Business Plan• Resource: Appendix A• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]• Consider the following scenario: You own your own company and would like to “goglobal!” Research a potential market and product to get your export operations startedand present your findings to potential investors.