Peer to peer Networking Things you will need. 1. At least two computers
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
4. If you have a 10Base-T adapters, and more than two computers, you will need a 10Base-T hub to connect them. The cost will be approximately $50.
5. If you have a Thin Ethernet adapters, you will need terminating resistors for each of the last two computers in the string.
6. Appropriate cables depending on the type of adapters you have
6. If you selected NO, you will need to manually select an adapter.
6. From your network adapter detection in previous table, you should have Client for Microsoft Networks, Client for Netware, your Adapter, IPX and NetBEUI already installed.
7. If you just want NetBEUI, highlight and remove IPX or vice versa.
8. If you want to add TCP/IP, click on the Add button
9. Click on Protocol
10. Click on Microsoft
11. Click on TCP/IP
3. If not, click on the File and Print Sharing button. 4. Click on the options you want to enable then on the OK button
5. Click on the options you want to enable then on the OK button
3. Type in the Share name
4. Select whether Read, Full or Depends on Password
5. Type in and agreed upon password.
6. Similar steps can be taken to share a printer.
4. Click on the first icon to connect a network drive (or Tools/Map Network Drive)
5. Select the Drive letter (the first available one will show by default)
6. Type in the \\Computer_Name\Share_Name
You should be able to send and receive files as well print to any location in the world.