Office of Research Compliance and Technology Transfer. CENTER FOR MICROSCOPY AND IMAGE ANALYSIS. Anastas Popratiloff, MD, PhD Director CMIA, Research Associate Professor of Anatomy 994-2169 email@example.com. cmia - background. BACKGROUND:
CENTER FOR MICROSCOPY AND IMAGE ANALYSIS
Anastas Popratiloff, MD, PhD
Research Associate Professor of Anatomy
Basic requirements for the proposed center:
John Philbeck (Psychology)
Vincent Chiappinelli (Pharmacology)
Sally Moody (Anatomy)
Jeffrey Rosenstein (Anatomy)
Tarik Haydar (CNMC)
Vittorio Gallo (CNMC)
- Integration of Neuroscience Imaging Core into the existing CMIA structure
- Selection of appropriate confocal system (i.e. multiphoton, FRET, spectral)
- Considering TEM, i.e., upgrade the existing, or acquisition a new one with digital imaging capability.
- Considering, wide field fluorescence microscopy, state of the art CCD cameras, and specific application microscope workstations (Neuorlucida)
- Considering, image analysis workstation upgrade (computers, monitors etc.,)
- Considering, and outlining a training program, seminar series etc., focused on image acquisition and analysis, TEM, confocal microscopy, macroscopic imaging.
NIKON confocal presentation
Zeiss confocal overview and seminar.
Zeiss confocal system evaluation (November/December 2006)
Olympus confocal presentation (December2006/January 2007)
Gathering suggestions and identifying specific needs.
Putting together a more specific plan.