Chapter 5. Civil Law and Procedure . True or False?. Like a crime, a tort is considered to be a public wrong. False. True or False?. 2) One act by a defendant cannot be both a crime and a tort. False. True or False?.
2) One act by a defendant cannot be both a crime and a tort.
3) Even children and insane persons may be held liable for their tortious conduct.
4) Public figures, such as politicians or movie stars, give up much of their right to privacy when they enter the public domain.
5) A second grade teacher who makes one of his students sit at his desk during recess has committed the tort of false imprisonment.
11) Duty requires that we act with the care, prudence, and good judgment of a reasonable person so as not to cause ________ to others.
12) A threat of an unwanted sexual touching would be classified as the tort of __________.
13) After Nancy and Sue vandalize a neighborhood grocery store, the grocery store owner files against the girl’s parents claiming that the girls’ parents are liable for their children committed. The type of liability that the girls’ parents are said to have is known as ______ liability.
14) Ana is an up and coming actress who just signed a contract to perform for a major network’s popular soap opera. Now that Ana has stepped into the public domain, she has greatly reduced the scope of her right of
15) Brighton Snubbery caught his next door neighbor on videotape dumping her garbage over the fence onto his property. Brighton may sue the neighbor for ________ to his land.