Quality In Education http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RpSX50jOEU
21st Century Education http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPS_UIn9Lg
COMMON MINIMUM PROGRAMME 2008-2013 5 DAY WORKSHOP FOR THE HEADS OF THE PRIMARY APRIL - MAY 2013 KVS ZIET MYSORE SALIENT FEATURES AND SIGNIFICANCE
The aim of Primary Education The aim of Primary education is to enable our little ones to grow and turnout to be the confident young and vibrant adults who are well equipped to face the global challenges.
CMP INDICATORS OF QUALITY & PLANNING MATRIX 2. School management and Parental Support 3. School and classroom environment 1. Infrastructural facilities 4. Curriculum and teaching learning materials 5. Teacher preparation 6. Classroom practices and processes 7. Opportunity time 8. Learners assessment
1. Infrastructural Facilities in the school Well ventilated / Spacious Class Room Safe drinking water Class Library Well equipped Resource Room
Content Layout List • CMP HIGHLIGHTS • CMP INDICATORS OF QUALITY & PLANNING MATRIX • SIGNIFICANCE AND KEY MESSAGES • ELEMENTS OF A FLEXIBLE TIMETABLE • CUSTOMISING CMP PRINCIPLES TO THE KV CONTEXT- PRACTICE SESSION
Parental support School Management 2. School management and Parental support • Academic Support, wherever possible • Financial Support • TLM development support • Learners Assessment • Children & Teachers’ attendance • Timely availability of books
3. School & classroom Environment • Clean and Safe Physical Environment • Social Interpersonal relationship
4. Curriculum & Teaching Learning Materials (TLM) • Existing curriculum and its Coverage ,competency based materials (Worksheets / reference books) • Availability of textbooks to children • Library and its use
5. Teacher Preparation • Teacher position(class wise) • Class Teacher/subject teacher system • Difficulties faced during teaching (academic/administration) • Ability to develop and use TLM
6. Classroom Practices and Processes • Class room Organization • Seating Arrangement • Pupil - Teacher ratio • Methods of introducing the topic • Teaching learning Process • Assessment procedures
7. Opportunity Time (TLT) • Number of days school opens in a year • Actual number of days, teaching -learning occurs in year • Number of sections of each class in a school & Number of teachers in a school
8. Learners’ Assessment, Monitoring & Supervision • CCE for class I and II • Post assessment feedback by teachers recording system for CCE III to V (FA1, FA2, FA3,FA4, SA1,SA2) • Recording procedures • Obtaining feedback from parents regarding the progress of children.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CMP- Creating an enabling environment for child inspired learning