Expectations from supervisors Soonok An. To build a supervisory relationship To demonstrate yourself as a learner To increase competency as a result of supervisory processes -Clear expectations -Ongoing communication and involvement -Constructive evaluation . Relationship . Intern.
-Clearly communicate your expectations of learning to your supervisor
-Practice behaviors, tasks, and activities
-Reasonable expectations of supervisory styles
- Commit to the arrangement by ensuring preparation, regularity, and consistency of time of supervision, location, privacy, and absence of interruptions
- Maintain an appropriate professional supervisor-supervisee relationship
- Clearly understand the evaluative criteria
- Ensure a great match between learning agreement and the evaluation
- Be willing to provide feedback to your field supervisor about your own performance
4. Other expectations
- Be willing to push yourself.
- Discuss your fears and anxiety. These are normal.
- Commit to communicating with your faculty liaison for consultation and feedback
Beginning competency stage