Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
BAHASA INGGRIS TALKING ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
I. TALKING ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES The Simple Present Tense is used for : • A general activity • A general truth • Habitual actions • Mental states • Perceptions
Things to remember • Verb 1 : to go, to buy, to send, etc. • Linking verbs : Am, is, are
Look at the following examples : General activity - My sister plays the guitar. - Mr. Kurniawan manages the shop. - Ikram works for the Astra Company.
General truth - Water boils at 100 degrees. - The sun sets in the west. - The sky is blue.
Habitual action - The students go to school everyday. - She drinks a cup of tea every morning. - He gets up early in the morning.
Verbs of perception - We hear some noise in the hall. - She smells something burning. - This medicine tastes awful.
Verbs of Mental states - I believe he is right. - He knows the answer. - We don’t understand the questions.
II. TALKING ABOUT EVENTS • The Present Progressive Tense The activity is happening right now/at the time the speaker is saying it. • Things to remember The linking verb: am, is are + Verb 1+ ing (going, eating, buying, etc)
Look at the following examples : a. It’s noon. I am eating lunch at the cafeteria right now. b. Ani can’t come to the phone right now because she is taking a shower.
EXERCISES For question number 1-3. Find the correct answer by circling a, b, c or d! 1. Teacher : How do you go to school ? Student : …. a. I take a bus. b. I am taking a bus. c. I will take a bus. d. I won’t take a bus.
Key answer : A Explanation : It asks about your daily habit.
2. Nina : What does a teacher do ? Cathy: …. a. She usually explained the lessons to the students. b. She usually explains the lessons to the students c. She is explaining the lessons to the students. d. She has explained the lessons to the students.
Key Answer: B • Explanation : Because it asks about what a teacher’s habit is
3. Caller : Can I speak to Lia? Receptionist : I am afraid ………. Caller : When will she back? Receptionist : At one o’clock, can I take a message? Caller : No, thanks, I’ll call her back later
a. She is having a meeting. b. She is in her room c. She had a meeting d. She will be here.
Key : A • Explanation: The caller asks what Lia’s
For question number 4-7. Find one word/phrase that is not correct . Deny : Do you believe in flying saucers? A Santi : What did you talking about? B C I think it’s only your imagination D
Key : B • Explanation : Santi asks what Deni is talking about ( at the moment )
5. A : What do you do when you are A B nervous? B : When I am nervous I’m biting my C D nails
Key : D • Explanation: Because its asks your habit
6. Anto : Why are you smile? A Anti : I’m smiling because I’m happy. B C So I always smile when I’m happy D
7. Father : What’s Mayang doing? Mother : ….That’s strange! She never cleans her room a. She is fixing the car. b. She is studying English. c. She is cleaning her room. d. She is having a meeting
Key : C • Explanation : Father asked about Mayang’s activities.