What is Government?. Why do we have it? Where does it come from? Political Parties Ideologies. What is Government?. Government is a complex structure of politicians, bureaucrats, agencies, organizations and laws Types of government vary: What types can you name?. democracy
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Why do we have it?
Where does it come from?
- Services (water, roads, electricity, schools), law & order, organization and structure…
- Breaking the law, doing whatever we want…
- Liberals and Conservatives
- NDP, Bloc Quebecois, Green…
- Communist, Marijuana, Rhino…
- a parties statement of ideas and principles
- how they feel the country should be governed
- right wing = limited govt. involvement in the economy and society; individual freedoms, espec. to make $; tough on crime; lower taxes; free trade...
- left wing = govt. should create economic, social and political equality; promote rehabilitation vs. punishment and incarceration of criminals; higher taxes to pay for social programs...
- right and left labels don’t always apply
- you might be left on some issues and right on others
- parties can also shift their beliefs over time
Communism (L) NDP Liberal Conservative Facism(R)