GACESNP FORMERLY KNOWN AS GAVESNP. GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF CAREER EDUCATORS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS POPULATIONS.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
OF CAREER EDUCATORS FOR
SPECIAL NEEDS POPULATIONS
Executive Board Members:President – Tonia CrockettPresident-Elect – Erik KriebelPast President – Robert FurrVice President – Tonja TiftSecretary – Bernice RembertTreasurer – Tracy Canty
Region Representatives:Region 1 – Marva HewittRegion 2 – Alonza RainesRegion 3 – Alicia DellingerRegion 4 – Marca TignerRegion 5 – Jane CrawfordRegion 6 – Sheree IngramRegion 7 – Shukriyyah Abdullah2012-13GACESNP BOARD MEMBERS
1. Each affiliate/division of GACTE should have an awards committee, headed by an awards chairperson.
The make-up of the committee should be determined by the affiliate/division. The committee within each affiliate/division should be responsible for selecting a candidate to represent the affiliate/division in GACTE for each of the awards:
a. Teacher of the Year
b. Outstanding Educator
c. Outstanding Teacher in Community Service
d. Outstanding New Teacher
2. All application packets must be submitted electronically to the affiliate awards chair for the respective division no later than April 1 of the awards year. It is requested that each affiliate/division submit 1 packet for each award including documentation, photos, and letters of recommendation.AWARDS @ GACTE
3. The affiliate awards chair is responsible for making sure all winners are qualified as specified in the GACTE Qualifications for Awards document. Membership requirements should be confirmed with ACTE prior to submitting application packet to GACTE.
4. The Qualifications for Awards, Award Application Form, Awards Procedures/Deadlines, and contact information for each affiliate representative on the GACTE Awards Committee is posted on the GACTE website at www.gacte.org.
5. Only one nominee from each affiliate may compete at the GACTE level for each award.AWARDS con’t
6. Affiliate winners for Teacher of the Year and Educator of the Year must have been members of GACTE/ACTE for the past 5 consecutive years in order to compete in the GACTE awards program.
Winners for Outstanding New Teacher and Outstanding Teacher in Community Service must have been members of GACTE/ACTE for the past 3 consecutive years.
Nominees should reference the QUALIFICATIONS document on the GACTE website at www.gacte.org for other specific qualifications.
7. Winners of each GACTE award are expected to move to the next level of competition according to the ACTE Guidelines—Region level competition. Winners should complete documentation as required and attend the Region 2 Conference.
Details of Region competition and conference will be given to award winners after summer conferenceAWARDS con’t
Please make every effort to make the application package a single PDF file including the scanned letters of recommendation. Photographs should be emailed as an attachment.
All packets must be received electronically or May 1 in order for nominees to be considered for GACTE awards. This deadline will be strictly enforced.
2. Each GACTE Awards Committee Member will receive packets to evaluate for each award. The evaluation form has been adapted from the one used by the National Awards Committee and is located on the GACTE website at www.gacte.org.AWARDS con’t
3. Nominees will be evaluated by GACTE Awards Committee Member representing each division. The completed evaluation results must be e-mailed to GACTE Awards Chair, Misty Freeman email@example.com, no later than ten days after receipt.
4. Winners will be recognized at the annual GACTE Conference in July.
1. The GACTE Awards Chair will communicate each GACTE award winner the requirements for complete requirements for moving to the next level of competition according to ACTE guidelines.
2. ACTE nomination packets with original signatures, photos, electronic copies of the nomination packets including letters of recommendation and one video (VHS or CD) for each nominee should be sent directly to the Region II Awards Chair according to the deadline and regulations specified at www.acteonline.org.
3. In the event a GACTE award winner is unable to advance in region competition, the 2nd place competitor will represent Georgia in region competition.AWARDS con’t