110 likes | 325 Views
E N D
1. REMHDCO Stacie Hiramoto, MSW
Director of Special Projects
Mental Health Association in California
3. The Statewide Mental HealthCommunity Mainstream mental health coalition whose “Agenda for Fairness” started off with:
“RIGHT TO TREATMENT: Every Californian, whether citizen or legal immigrant, should have access to mental health care.”
4. REMHDCO “Racial and Ethnic Mental Health Disparities Coalition”
A coalition of people from non-profit organizations whose mission is to work to reduce mental health disparities through advocacy for racial and ethnic communities.
5. REMHDCO Represents: Underserved, unserved and inappropriately served racial and ethnic communities including:
Also: non-English and limited English speaking, immigrant and refugee, and Muslim communities
6. REMHDCO FACTS Three prominent members: LCHC, CFRA, and CPCA
Formed in Fall of 2007
Representatives of non-profits
Professionals and community leaders
Consumers and family members
7. What has REMHDCO Done? Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission meetings
PEI Resource document clarified
DMH Stakeholder process
Advocacy on Statewide Projects
8. REMHDCO What we want to be is a force in the statewide mental health community!
So many policy discussions are being held and decisions are made regarding MHSA and statewide mental health without the voice of communities of color at the table.
9. How Can We Help You? Represent Latino and other communities of color on the MHSA
Serve as a resource for statewide organizations
Serve as a resource for local agencies regarding the county process
10. How can you help REMHDCO? Join! There is no cost.
Get other organizations and individuals to join.
Invite us to make presentations
Support our efforts to secure funding
11. THANK YOU – GRACIASARIGATTO QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?