The Good News about The Bad News Gospel The BAD News Gospel: Humans are “fallen”, “depraved” and incapable of doing the right thing “Human Nature” is intrinsically evil. I am not responsible God is to blame, not I The Good News: It’s more complicated than that:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Humans are “fallen”, “depraved” and incapable of doing the right thing
“Human Nature” is intrinsically evil.
I am not responsible
God is to blame, not I
“avoid exploitation: Be provocable by the first defection of the other player.”
“Reciprocity is a better foundation for morality than is unconditional cooperation.”
It is not moral to tolerate the bully.
The Tit-for-Tat Rule in Games(Simulation studies indicate Tit-for-tat strategy gives the best expected results when dealing with the 5% who are jerks)
1. Treat everyone as if they belong to the other 95% (suffer occasional vulnerability as a price for pursuing the best long-run average result).
2. If someone acts like a jerk, thump them.
3. If they continue to be jerks, thump them harder.
Accept conversions, but,
4. Don't let a few jerks wreck the game for everyone else.
5. Arrange future endeavors to exclude jerks.