Snior I Unit 4. 1. 主办 2008 年奥运会 2. 遭遇上，赶上 3. 上游泳课 4. 充当，担任 5. 三思 6. 竖起 ; 使停下 7. 抓住 ; 坚持住 8. 站立起来 9. 冲走 , 刮走 10. 进行两天的旅行 11. 取笑 , 嘲弄. host the 2008 Olympics be caught in take swimming lessons work as think twice pull up hold onto get on one’s feet sweep away
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
6. 竖起; 使停下
7. 抓住; 坚持住
9. 冲走, 刮走
11. 取笑, 嘲弄
host the 2008 Olympics
be caught in
take swimming lessons
get on one’s feet
go on a two-day trip
make fun of
14. 忽浮忽沉, 来来往往
16. 直到, 到…为止
have difficulty in doing sth.
up and down
be up to sb.
a large number
be made up of
before the deadline
take every opportunity
a newly published book
believe it or not
A. took place ; took part B. hold ; took part in
C. played ; joined D. happened; joined
2. Their library ____ fire last night, and it ___ fire for 2 hours before it was put off.
A. caught a ; was on B. caught ; was on a
C. was on ; caught D. caught ; was on
3. One more week, ____ we will accomplish the task.
A. or B. so that C. and D. if
4. They talked about the things and persons ____ they remembered in the school.
A. that B. which C. who D. whom
A. watching ; close B. watch ; close
C. watched ; closely D. watching ; closely
6. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person ___ she could turn for help. A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom
7. –Could you do me a favor to carry a big shelf? --_________.
A. Great B. With pleasure C. It’s my pleasure D. Yes, I could
8. It was ___ that every one went out for a summer holiday.
A. such hot a weather B. such hot weather
C. a hot enough weather so D. so hot weather
--You’re right. You cannot be too ____.
A. nervous B. careful C. hurried D. careless
10. Mr. Bush is on time for everything. How ___ it be that he was late for the opening ceremony?
A. can B. should C. may D. must
11. She has a beautiful voice, which ___ a nightingale.
A. is sounded like B. sound as C. sounds like D. is sounded as
12. –Do you like wine? --I ____, but I don’t taste a bit at all.
A. don’t B. didn’t C. used D. used to
13. “Can you read ?” Mary said ____ to the notice.
A. angrily pointing B. and point angrily
C. angrily pointed D. and angrily pointing
A. is ; two days B. are ; two days
C. are; two-days D. are; two-day
15. Seashells ___ as money in the past but now special paper ___ to make money.
A. used to be used; used B. used to use; is used
C. were used ; is used D. am staying with
16. The ___ book is so popular that it’s sold out in a week.
A. new publishing B. newly publishing
C. new published D. newly published
Great changes have taken place
whose leg was broken
We got caught in the rain
fighting against the slave owners for their freedom
talking and laughing
she must have done well in the exam
is not far away from the cinema
is used to dealing with matters of this sort
has been married to a foreigner for 3 years