1. If each side of the mid ocean ridge spreads at 2 cm a year, how much larger will the ocean be in 10,000,000 years? 20 kilometers 40 kilometers 400 kilometers 40,000 kilometers
2. You find the temperature of a layer inside Earth is 3000”C. Which layer is it? The crust The mantle The outer core The inner core
3.What kind of material is flowing at point X? Igneous rock Metamorphic rock Magma lava
4. Which of the following features form when two oceanic plates converge? Magnetic reversal patterns Divergent boundaries Subduction zones Rift valleys
5. What can happen when two oceanic plates converge and one is subducted into the mantle? Melted magma erupts and forms an arc of islands. The colliding plate edges become crumpled to form a mountain range The lithosphere splits to create a divergent plate boundary on land A continent splits to form a new continent basin.
Melted magma erupts and forms an arc of islands. The colliding plate edges become crumpled to form a mountain range. The lithosphere splits to create a divergent plate boundary on land. A continent splits to form a new ocean basin.
6. Which of the following landforms results from divergence of continental crust?
A mountain range A rift valley A deep sea trench A long fault
7. Which of the following best describes what happens when an oceanic plate converges with a continental plate?
A deep sea trench and an island arc form. Both plates crumple and a folded mountain range forms A trench and a mountain range with many volcanoes form.
8. Lava erupts through an opening in earth's crust called a Vent Crater Caldera volcano
9. A bowl shaped depression that forms around the vent of a volcano is a Vent Crater Sill Magma chamber
10. Rock fragments thrown into the air during a volcanic eruption are called Dikes Sills Calderas Tephra