Journal Use Reports. Supporting Collection Development and Evaluation of Intellectual Output. Journal Use Reports – Customer Focused Development. Partners: Integral to Our Internal Processes Product Development Programming and Project Management Quality assurance Marketing
Supporting Collection Development and Evaluation of Intellectual Output
Which journals are the most influential in their fields?In order to provide superior support of research and scholarly pursuit at all levels, access to the journals deemed most important by the world’s scholarly communities within each discipline is critical.
Institutional Publication Activity associated with Journals
In which journals do the authors at your institution publish, and which journals do they rely on most to support their own published research? This localized “hard evidence” of exactly what is important and useful is an essential piece of the decision-making equation.
Which journals are accessed most frequently by your university, college, organizational community as a whole?Fundamental and indispensable evidence of value.
Create address-based “profiles” to account for publishing sub-communities within departments, research centers, etc. -- allows for targeted collection development as well as focused evaluation of intellectual output.
Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is a recognized authority presenting statistical data that provides a systematic, objective way to evaluate the world's leading journals and their impact and influence in the global scholarly community.
The number of papers published in this journal by authors within your institution, with a link to a listing of each paper.The JUR capability for multiple “profiles” enables great flexibility for targeting what is useful to particular sub-communities.
Cited Journals – Citing Year Table
-- shows how many times each journal was cited by “your authors” and the distribution of those citations according to the publication year of these citing articles.
The level at which the content of this electronic journal within your collection is being accessed.Again – fundamental and indispensable evidence of value.
Valuable in viewing the “trends” in usage.
Noticeable Growth or Decline?
You will access the Journal Use Reports through the ISI Web of Knowledge home page.
Institutional Publication Activity associated with specific Journals.
- In which journals do your authors publish, and how frequently?
- Which Journals do they Cite in their own works?
- Link to Web of Science for more detail about these authors’ published works, cited and citing data, etc.
- JCR Data is authoritative, comparative, and objective.
- Links to additional JCR Information
- Vendor e-jrnl usage, of course an essential component, now combined with valuable publication and citation metrics.
- The key pieces of information that you require – in one place.- Providing answers to the most critical questions. - Enabling thorough and efficient evaluation and assessment.