Bell Work Ch.11.6. List the countries and their leaders that are associated with the rise of Nationalism in Europe. Ch 11.6 Challenges to the Churches Power. Objective 1: Decrease in Papal Power Two Major Events: Babylonian Captivity- Time period in which Avignon became the papal capital.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
List the countries and their leaders that are associated with the rise of Nationalism in Europe.
Objective 1: Decrease in Papal Power
Two Major Events:
Section 6: Challenges to Church Power
1. What led to the decrease in the churches temporal power?
2. Describe the Babylonian Captivity.
3. What led to the Great Schism? And how did the “Council of Constance” attempt to solve the issues?
4. How did Marsilius’s “Defender of the Peace” and “UnamSanctam” differ?
5. What efforts did Wycliffe do to decrease the power of the Church? Was it effective?