Analysis of MATC Compensation for Course Instruction. August 2009 AFT-6100. Purpose.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Average Total Compensation per Course at 500 Contact Hours per Year (5 three-credit courses per semester)
2. Part-time/adjunct faculty should receive pro-rated sick leave and pay for holidays and breaks.
3. Part-time/adjunct faculty should receive proportionate healthcare and pension benefits.
4. Part-time/adjunct faculty should be paid for holding office hours for student conferences. Full pro rata pay would address this problem if the calculation of pro rata includes office hours. In the absence of full pro rata pay, however, part-time/adjunct faculty should receive additional compensation to hold office hours.
5. In the absence of full pro rata pay, part-time/adjunct faculty who participate in institutional committee work should be compensated for doing so.
6. Part-time/adjunct faculty should have unemployment insurance available to them when they are not on the college payroll.