Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Indicative Draft: The (0-25) Special Educational Needs Code of Practice, 2013. Paramjeet Singh Bhogal Educational Psychologist. Who in school is the only person who needs to have a formal educational qualification?. Draft code contents:. 7. Resolving Disputes. 1.What’s new?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Paramjeet Singh Bhogal
Paramjeet Singh Bhogal. Newcasle EPS 2013
7. Resolving Disputes
2. A Family Centred
Special Educational Needs
From 0 – 25 years
3. Joint Planning & Commissioning
6. Assessments Education Health & Care Plans
4. The Local Offer
5. Providers in schools, colleges, early years & others
LAs should take account of the following:-
Principles to apply
- decisions should be transparent & involve child, YP & family
- plans should be clear, concise, readable & accessible to parents, children YP & providers/practitioners
- plans should be person-centred, evidence-based & focussed on outcomes
- outcomes should be short-term & aspirational for the YP
- the delivery of a service is not an outcome (it is what the service is doing)
- outcomes need to be specific, measurable, achievable & time bound
- plans should be specific about the interventions that will make a difference
- plans must relate to the teaching and learning context in which the child may be educated
- resources should be quantified (level of support and who provides it)
- EHC plans should be generic and applicable in any local area
- plans should be “forward looking” anticipating, planning & commissioning for important transition points in the YP’s life
- the contents of the EHC plans should be used by the LA to inform strategic planning
- EHC plans should also explore how informal (family & community) resources can be used to support the child and family
Standard contents are as follows
Parents should be given the following three options for this:-
a. notional arrangement –the LA retains the funds but the parent/YP directs its use
b. third party arrangement – funds paid to an individual/organisation on behalf of the parent/YP and they manage the funds
c. direct payments – where parents/YP receive the cash to purchase services themselves (some parents may be prohibited form this way of payment)
Thanks for listening
Any questions & discussion ….