Shinto “Way of the Spirits”. Japan’s ancient native religion. Shinto Beliefs. All natural things are alive. For example: wind, rivers, mountains, trees, etc. All these things have spirits called Kami.
Japan’s ancient native religion.
1. Buildings have Shinto spirits.
2. Shinto spirits are called kami.
3. The most important kami is the sun goddess.
4. A Heavens Gate is built at the entrance of Shinto shrines.
5. A Shrine is a Shinto priest.
6. Sumo wrestling was a Shinto ritual first used for praying for a good harvest.