Environmental Science. What is Environmental Science? Webquest. Webquest Learning Targets (What you will learn) (Hopefully…). Define environmental science and compare environmental science with ecology.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What is Environmental Science? Webquest
1. Give an example of a global environmental problem.
2. Give an example of a local environmental problem.
3. Could the local problem be a part of the global problem? If so, how?
Environmental problems can generally be grouped into three categories:
Recyclable vs. Renewable
Pollution: negative change in natural environment caused by introduction of substances harmful to living organisms or by excessive wastes, heat, noise, or radiation
Two main types of pollutants:
Loss of Biodiversity Video
A. a resource that is used by humans
B. a resource that can never be replaced
C. a resource that can be replaced relatively quickly
D. a resource that takes more time to replace than to deplete
2. Which of the following is an important field for environmental science?
D. political science
3. Which of the following phrases describes the term biodiversity?
A. species that have become extinct
B. the animals that live in an area
C. species that look different from one another
D. the number and variety of species that live in an area
4. Energy from the sun, water, air, wood, and soil are all examples of what kind of energy?
F. ecological energy
G. organic energy
H. renewable energy
I. solar energy