Welcome to sixth grade social studies!. Mrs. A. Mortimer. Learning Goal: As a result of tonight’s presentation, you will know the policies, procedures, and expectations of this course. Introduction. NA Graduate Clarion University of PA Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Mrs. A. Mortimer
Learning Goal: As a result of tonight’s presentation, you will know the policies, procedures, and expectations of this course.
Our little princess
As a result of this lesson, I will understand the use of map projections and how they distort Earth in different ways.
1. Learning Goal(s)/Agenda/Assignment book
2. Discuss Where in the World is Mrs. Mortimer?/Give clues (checked Thurs. this week)
3. Check/Discuss Chapter 1 Section 1 Study Guide
4. Discuss maps vs. globes – Similarities? Differences?
5. Project: Comparing Globes and Maps
6. Look at atlases (map projections/distortion) p. 184 - 185
Useless Fact:The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long.