Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

krystyn-norb
seminar on the china singapore free trade agreement csfta n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA)

play fullscreen
1 / 9
Download Presentation
Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA)
136 Views
Download Presentation

Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) Ministry of Trade and Industry 10 Dec 2008

  2. Bilateral Relations

  3. Negotiating History Joint Expert Group Formal Negotiations Signing of the Agreement

  4. Product Coverage • % of Domestic Exports to China Sensitive (5%) Sensitive (5%) By 2012 (95%) By 2010 (95%) By 2010 (85%) By 2009 (75%) By 2009 (85%) ACFTA CSFTA

  5. Product Coverage

  6. Goods Concessions – Acceleration • Acceleration of tariff elimination for ACFTA Normal Track products by 1-3 years CSFTA 9% of NT2 trade value by 2009; remaining 91% in 2010 99.7% of NT1 trade value Sensitive List (SL) Normal Track 2 (NT2) Normal Track 1 (NT1) 2005 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012

  7. Rules of Origin & Customs Procedures • Goods considered originating if: • General rule: 40% value-add FOB price, without Asean cumulation • Product Specific Rules currently under negotiation • Third-party invoicing

  8. Services Concessions • Promote greater movement of business persons between China and Singapore • Hospital & Health services • e.g. China will recognise degrees from 2 medical institutions from Singapore • Other professional services

  9. Thank you