Environmental Services Department Air Quality Program. The Air Quality Program. The Air Quality Program is composed of two sections: Enforcement and Monitoring.
The Air Quality Program is composed of two sections: Enforcement and Monitoring.
The Monitoring Section is involved in the actual ambient air monitoring on a continuous basis throughout the El Paso, Cd. Juarez and Sunland Park air basin.
30 TAC SUBCHAPTER D : OXYGEN REQUIREMENTS FOR GASOLINE
§114.100. Oxygenated Fuels.
(a) Beginning October 1, 1992, no person shall supply, sell, or dispense any gasoline for use as motor vehicle fuel in El Paso County during the period of October 1 through March 31 of each year, unless the gasoline has a minimum oxygen content of 2.7% by weight.
NO. OF DAYS > 9 PPM /8 HRS.
We sample about 350 gasoline dispensing sites throughout El Paso, County.
SUBCHAPTER C: VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUND TRANSFER OPERATIONS DIVISION CONTROL OF REID VAPOR PRESSURE OF GASOLINE
30 TAC 115.252. Control Requirements.
For the El Paso area as defined in '115.10 of this title (relating to Definitions), the following control requirements shall apply.
(1) No person shall place, store, or hold in any stationary tank, reservoir, or other container any gasoline, which may ultimately be used in a motor vehicle in the El Paso area with a Reid vapor pressure (RVP) greater than 7.0 pounds per square inch absolute (psia) or that does not meet the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) specifications for reformulated gasoline.
(2) No person shall transfer or allow the transfer of gasoline, which may ultimately be used in a motor vehicle in the El Paso area with a RVP greater than 7.0 psia or that does not meet EPA specifications for reformulated gasoline to or from any storage vessel or tank-truck tank at any gasoline terminal, bulk plant, or motor vehicle fuel dispensing facility.
(3) All adjustments in the operation of affected facilities and all transfers or alterations of noncompliant gasoline must be completed as necessary to conform with the provisions of this rule during the following periods of each calendar year:
(A) June 1 through September 16 of each year for motor vehicle fuel dispensing facilities
Year in El Paso, TX.
NUMBER OF DAYS > 0.12 PPM / HOUR
1) Oxygenation control period (October 1 March 31)
550 samples (all three grades)
3.9% wt Average Oxygenate (2.7% required)
3 violations documented
2) RVP Control Period (June 1 to August 31)
510 sampled (all grades)
6.5 psia Average RVP (7.0 or less)
5 Violations documented